Time to rebuild your Makin Organ?
Can a Makin organ be rebuilt?This is a question we have from many customers who have one of our beautiful consoles, perhaps built twenty or thirty years ago. The simple answer is yes, especially if a motorised Drawstop console is involved where the economics of a rebuild make the greatest sense.
What is involved? On a case-by-case basis, the following are typical
- total replacement of the computer and amplification systems
- a completely new multi-channel speaker system
- replacement of the keyboards and thumb piston rails
- refurbishment of the existing pedalboard
- replacement of stop jamb panels as required by a new or modified specification
- re-use of current stop solenoids where possible with optional solenoid upgrades
- engraving of new stop heads as required
- addition of new toe pistons as required
For the customer, it is frequently an easy choice where an older well-loved instrument is upgraded to a state of the art organ from their well-trusted vendor.
Why not contact your Makin representative today to discuss your exact requirements